The School District Six Curricula is made available on line for all educational partners in the Columbia Falls area-students, teachers, parents, and community members. SD6 curricula content is the result of a comprehensive, collaborative effort among all stakeholders in our educational process.
Montana Common Core Standards (MCCS)
The MCCS provide a very specific content base for the areas of English Language Arts
Specific content for all other subject areas is also added to MCCS through an integrated literacy model. This content is provided in detail on this website through state resources created by the Montana OPI.
State and Local Curriculum Standards
In addition to the MCCS for literacy related to all subject areas, specific curriculum is provided through local and state content standards. Each local document contains the following standard sections:
- SD6 Mission and Vision Statements
- Curriculum Area Philosophy
- Key Definitions of Curriculum Components
- Standards, Benchmarks, and Essential Learnings
- Content Scope and Sequence
- Meeting Diverse Student Needs
- Assessment Codes
- Curriculum Mapping Codes
- Grade Level and Subject Level Content
- Appendix A (Curriculum construction information and state standard alignment)
- Montana State Content Standards (for related subject area)
All documents are viewable with Acrobat Reader. Choose a specific curricular area from the navigation at the left to view that portion of our curricula. If you have any questions regarding SD6 Curricula, please contact Dot Wood, Director of Curriculum and Instruction.
Phone: (406) 892-6550 ext. 429